If your child has ANY symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
First, please call our absence line, (510) 317-3699 with a brief message stating your child’s name, their symptoms and 1 of the following 3 options for attendance:
- Quarantine for 10 days (including weekends). Your child may return on the 11th day. Siblings with no symptoms do not need to quarantine.
- Supply the office with a NEGATIVE COVID PCR TEST (no rapid or home tests).
- Supply the school with a doctor’s note that states the symptoms are NOT DUE TO COVID.
Please email paperwork to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a PRINTED copy to the front doors the morning that your student is returning so we can verify the note and check the student in.
Free testing at our District Office. Here is the link for more information.
If your student has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, they will need to quarantine for 10 days and may return on the 11th day. Exposure is being within 6 feet of a COVID positive individual for 15 minutes or more.